Friday, December 5, 2008

Hopefully the first of many!



Okay, I've finally done it - I've started blogging! I thought Facebook and MySpace would suffice but the more friends that started blogging, the more I wanted to do one too - peer pressure...works everytime.

So I'll do a brief catch you up - after 9 years working for SKB Corporation, Danny was part of a layoff. He was only out of work for a couple months before finding a position with Collector's Universe in Irvine (they professionally grade and certify authentic collectibles like sports cards, coins, and stamps). He has now been there since March and is really liking it! October of 2007 I had left the corporate world and joined that of the Non-Profit; working for an organization called THINK Together in Santa Ana. While at a luncheon for THINK in April of this year I met the recruiter for St. Michael's Abbey - she was recruiting for a position in their Development Office that I was perfect for!


I have been at St. Michael's in Laguna Woods now since April and while the job and the people are amazing, I dread my commute each day...almost an hour in the morning and at least an hour to an hour and a half going home...a couple times it has taken me 2 hours to get home! While at church one Sunday I noticed a job opening at Servite High School (8 minutes from our house) and a couple interviews later I was offered the position as their Relationship Coordinator in Advancement - I start next week (12/11) and couldn't be more excited!!! I think I've finally found my "home" :)


Matt is a freshman at Sunny Hills High School and played football this season, and is now playing basketball. He has his first girlfriend - her name is Sammi and she is a total sweetheart (cute and smart too). Jayson will be 4 years old at the end of January (going on 14 though I swear) - he is in preschool now (Emmanuel Episcopal) and plays tee-ball (he lives for baseball).


So that's it for now I guess - I'll try to keep this updated (with pictures) as much as possible!

No comments: